Sunday, September 02, 2007

New to Attempts: Random Sidebar Quotes

This is still, as they say, in Beta -- which is to say I'm still figuring out; I haven't had time to enter many quotes yet; I am still unsure about the formatting; I have a certain concern that it is slowing down load time; etc. But I'm experimenting with adding a random quote to my sidebar over there (look to the right). This is actually something I've wanted to do since I began to blog, so I'm happy to be doing it.

I got the instructions from how to do it from here
, in case you want to do this on your own blog.*

You can read all the quotes here (back-dated to keep it tucked safely away). As I said, I'm still adding quotes to this file -- may be a while before I get a reasonable number in there.

If anyone sees any typos, broken links, obvious bugs in the quote-selection process (e.g. truncated author's name, attribution without quote, etc.) please leave a comment letting me know!

In the meantime, enjoy!

_______________
* Well then start one, silly.

No comments: