Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Button-Wearers for Obama

BoingBoing (via) links to this "Thereminists for Obama" button. (What's a Thereminist?) But looking around, the page of special interest buttons has some -- to me -- vastly more amusing buttons than that.

Now, to be sure, while I was amused, I also felt a large "DEAR GOD WE'RE BEHIND IN THE POLLS AND THIS IS WHAT SOMEONE IS DOING?!?!" reaction. But, on the theory that humor is a good in and of itself, I thought I'd share some of my favorites with you.

First, there are the ones that sell themselves on the specific images used:


Then there are the ones that sell themselves on the elegance or humor of their design:


There are ones that work because of specific images of Obama and how they're used:


There are the ones that aim at political humor:


And the ones that play off recent political rhetoric:


There are the ones that are geek-oriented (some of my favorites, obviously):


And there are a surprising number that involve hair:


There are the ones that are simply funny (at least to me):


There are the ones that use Obama's biography to good effect:


There are the ones that are fun simply because it's fun to imagine those groups for Obama:


There are the ones that I like because I have, do or will fall into the categories involved, i.e. for essentially personal reasons:


But some of my very favorites are the ones that are simply so wonderfully, gloriously random:


And then there are the ones I like for diverse reasons:


And, y'know, just a lot more:


See them all here. Hard as it may be to believe, this is really only a sampling -- and so far as I can tell, the numbers of buttons grow every time I reload the page.

Oh, and the title of this post would make a fun one, I think -- I'm picturing an infinite regress: a picture of a button, which has on it a picture of a button, and on it the same, etc. So if anyone feels like doing that, please do.

Now, let's all do what we can to go out and win the election for Obama. Because the humor here will taste like ashes if he looses.

1 comment:

ELM said...

I find myself very much attracted to the ice cream one!!