A propos of nothing in particular, here are links to five of the "classic" SF stories that SciFiction had put online between 2000 - 2005, which are still available thanks to the good services of Web Archive. No judgment that these are the best or the most interesting intended; they're just five that caught my eye:
• R. A. Lafferty, "The Transcendent Tigers"
• Joanna Russ, "When it Changed"
• Robert Silverberg, "The Man Who Never Forgot"
• Howard Waldrop, "The Ugly Chickens"
• Gene Wolfe, "Paul's Treehouse"
Three of those I'd read before, two I hadn't. But they're all worth reading. I commend them to your attention.