Saturday, January 27, 2007

Saturday Systematic X: Flower Edition

Welcome to the first Saturday Systematic X of 2007. Both "new" and "year" produced excessive numbers of songs, so instead, I present you these "flower" songs for the new year:

1. (Forgive Me) My Little Flower Princess, John Lennon
2. (Nothing But) Flowers, Talking Heads
3. Chad Gadya, Chava Alberstein
4. Flower Lady, Phil Ochs
5. Flowers Never Bend With the Rainfall, Simon & Garfunkel
6. Flowers on the Wall, the Statler Brothers
7. San Francisco (Be Sure To Wear Flowers In Your Hair), Scott McKenzie
8. Wallflower, Bob Dylan

Explanation of the non-obvious entry: Chava Alberstein's "Chad Gadya" is from the album Crazy Flower. Oh, and the "open-parenthesis-is-before-a-in-the-alphabet-thing" is iTune's idea; I just copied it.

And before you ask, yeah, I've been told before that the Wallflowers (headlined by the son of the author of "Wallflower") are a good band, but I've never heard them. Any suggestions for a good album/song to start with? (Or any good "flower" songs I'm missing?)

As always, this is a meme: do it yourself (on "flower" or anything else), and leave a link in the comments.

***

In other news, I'm hoping that blog posting will now resume its more ordinary schedule. But I have a heavier-than-I've-ever-had-although-not-heavy-in-absolute-terms-I-suppose teaching schedule this term, so no promises.

No comments: