What I particularly like here is the thoroughness of it: getting across the sheer number of impeachable offenses Bush has committed. I don't know if he left anything out -- given how much has happened in the past seven and a half years, he easily might have. Certainly some of these articles of impeachment would require investigation as to whether Bush was sufficiently involved in them (or in one or two cases whether or not they happened at all) to see if they should be passed. And I don't know if every single offense here is, or should be, an impeachable offense. But there is no question that Bush has done many of these things (in a lot of cases he's admitted it); there is no question that many of them are unquestionably impeachable offenses; and there is no question that there is a substantial overlap of those two categories.
Bush should be, must be, impeached. (Frankly, he should be tried for war crimes; and it's not even clear to me if his impeachment would be enough to repair the damage he's done to the republic. But impeachment is a crucial step.)
I herewith present Dennis Kucinich's 35 Articles of Impeachment Against George Bush:
1. Creating a Secret Propaganda Campaign to Manufacture a False Case for War Against IraqThe Congress should move forward -- at least investigate the truth and/or impeachability of -- every single one of these charges; and should impeach, and convict, on many of them.
2. Falsely, Systematically, and with Criminal Intent Conflating the Attacks of September 11, 2001, With Misrepresentation of Iraq as a Security Threat as Part of Fraudulent Justification for a War of Aggression
3. Misleading the American People and Members of Congress to Believe Iraq Possessed Weapons of Mass Destruction, to Manufacture a False Case for War
4. Misleading the American People and Members of Congress to Believe Iraq Posed an Imminent Threat to the United States
5. Illegally Misspending Funds to Secretly Begin a War of Aggression
6. Invading Iraq in Violation of the Requirements of HJRes114
7. Invading Iraq Absent a Declaration of War.
8. Invading Iraq, A Sovereign Nation, in Violation of the UN Charter
9. Failing to Provide Troops With Body Armor and Vehicle Armor
10. Falsifying Accounts of US Troop Deaths and Injuries for Political Purposes
11. Establishment of Permanent U.S. Military Bases in Iraq
12. Initiating a War Against Iraq for Control of That Nation's Natural Resources
13. Creating a Secret Task Force to Develop Energy and Military Policies With Respect to Iraq and Other Countries
14. Misprision of a Felony, Misuse and Exposure of Classified Information And Obstruction of Justice in the Matter of Valerie Plame Wilson, Clandestine Agent of the Central Intelligence Agency
15. Providing Immunity from Prosecution for Criminal Contractors in Iraq
16. Reckless Misspending and Waste of U.S. Tax Dollars in Connection With Iraq and US Contractors
17. Illegal Detention: Detaining Indefinitely And Without Charge Persons Both U.S. Citizens and Foreign Captives
18. Torture: Secretly Authorizing, and Encouraging the Use of Torture Against Captives in Afghanistan, Iraq, and Other Places, as a Matter of Official Policy
19. Rendition: Kidnapping People and Taking Them Against Their Will to " Black Sites" Located in Other Nations, Including Nations Known to Practice Torture
20. Imprisoning Children
21. Misleading Congress and the American People About Threats from Iran, and Supporting Terrorist Organizations Within Iran, With the Goal of Overthrowing the Iranian Government
22. Creating Secret Laws
23. Violation of the Posse Comitatus Act
24. Spying on American Citizens, Without a Court-Ordered Warrant, in Violation of the Law and the Fourth Amendment
25. Directing Telecommunications Companies to Create an Illegal and Unconstitutional Database of the Private Telephone Numbers and Emails of American Citizens
26. Announcing the Intent to Violate Laws with Signing Statements
27. Failing to Comply with Congressional Subpoenas and Instructing Former Employees Not to Comply
28. Tampering with Free and Fair Elections, Corruption of the Administration of Justice
29. Conspiracy to Violate the Voting Rights Act of 1965
30. Misleading Congress and the American People in an Attempt to Destroy Medicare
31. Katrina: Failure to Plan for the Predicted Disaster of Hurricane Katrina, Failure to Respond to a Civil Emergency
32. Misleading Congress and the American People, Systematically Undermining Efforts to Address Global Climate Change
33. Repeatedly Ignored and Failed to Respond to High Level Intelligence Warnings of Planned Terrorist Attacks in the US, Prior to 911.
34. Obstruction of the Investigation into the Attacks of September 11, 2001
35. Endangering the Health of 911 First Responders
Impeach George Bush. Impeach him now. (h/t)
Update: Kucinich's full 65-page text, flushing out the 35 articles is available here as a pdf. Here's the web site hosting the pdf (via).