Friday, June 16, 2006

One Year of Attempts

It was a year ago today that I began this blog; in blogospeak, it's my one-year blogoversery. To celebrate, I'll do what I did six months ago, and collect links to what I consider my best posts so far.

I think my single favorite post -- the one that really captures what, ideally, I want to do on this blog -- is On Being a Cracked Pot. I wish I had time for more posts like that (other writing projects take up the majority of my time.)

Apart from that, I'll go by categories.

Creative Work
Continuity #1: A Creative Commons Comics Script

Political
Winning for the Wrong ReasonsHistory Might be Kind to Bush
There Are No Excuses
More on the Cartoon War
Seeing Through the Lies
Another Argument Against Intelligent Design
Four Years Ago
Why Does It Still Matter?
Sixty Years Ago Today

Literary
Winter Journeys
Oulipo Compendium Round-up
Frost + 7 = Fruit
James Fenimore Cooper Prize for Best Historical Fiction: A Google Tale
Stanislaw Lem, 1921 - 2006
The Question of Hu

Graphic Novels/Comics
Where to Start with Graphic Novels
Books & Cartoons to Watch Out For
99 Ways to Tell a Story
Friday Five and Sunday Ten: Good Comics Covers

Film and TV
X-Men: The Last Stand: A Review
TV for Buffy Fans
Other Reasons I Love Firefly
One Thing I (Already) Dislike About Serenity

Attempts Best of the Blogosphere Series
Part Two
Part One
Part Zero (Precursor Post)

Those That From a Long Way Off Look Like Flies
Buying Books Online: Links and Notes
Music of Pain, Music of Anger
Kirk Poland and Bulwer-Lytton

As a nice little blogoversery present from fate, earlier today, for the first time, I randomly came across a link to one of my posts on a blog (i.e. not in a case where I solicited the link, know the blogger, or anything like that); it was here. A nice grace note for the day.

And oh, yes: it is also Bloomsday. A fine day to pick for my blogoversery, says I.

You were going to do wonders, what? Missionary to Europe after fiery Columbanus.... Rich booty you brought back...

-- Stephen in Ulysses

No comments: