Friday, December 14, 2007

Hey, I Won a Mug!

Some of you may remember that a while back ScienceBlogs, a site run by Seed magazine which hosts a lot of, well, science blogs, ran a contest to celebrate their 500,000th comment. Anyone who commented was automatically entered. The grand prize was a trip to England; runners-up got a mug.

I got a mug.

Actually, for some reason, I got two mugs -- both delivered today, in separate packages. Must've been a human error.

Anyway, I thought I would share. Here are the mugs, front and back:
ScienceBlogMugs_small
I particularly liked this detail on the back of the mug, next to the measuring gradations:
ScienceBlogMugs_detail
Thanks, Scienceblogs!

And I should plug Pharyngula, where I posted my winning comment. Always a blog worth a read. Other ScienceBlogs from my blog roll: A Blog Around the Clock; The Intersection; Dispatches from the Culture Wars; EvolutionBlog; The Loom; Mixing Memory; and Thoughts from Kansas.

2 comments:

s said...

Yes, but have you checked to make sure the graduation is accurate?

Unknown said...

We measured off the gradations with a sample mug when we designed it, and tested them afterwards, and they are pretty accurate -- but the disclaimer still stands. :)