Monday, December 17, 2007

Ten More Still-Fresh Links

I've said this once before, but I'll say it again: lots of things on the web are evergreens: just as good a year from now as a year ago. Pieces whose virtue are not bound by historical moment. Worth your attention.

So here are another ten evergreens, previously-linked links which are still just as good as when I last linked 'em. As I did last time, I've linked to my previous comments (if, indeed, there were any, I didn't just include the link in a list). But these are all pretty much self-explanatory, so have a look.

1. Craig Conley's Collection of Blank Maps (Link to my earlier comments)
2. Jess Nevins's essay on the history of literary cross-overs
3. Terry Bisson's classic short story "They're Made of Meat"
4. Ian Monk's oulipian writings (Linked to in this post)
5. Web comic: Pup Ponders the Heat Death of the Universe (Linked to in this post)
6. Cory Doctorow's novel Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom (previous link)
7. Bruce Springsteen's single "Radio Nowhere", from his new album Magic* (new link; my previous comments are here).
8. Garfield with the titular character's speech bubbles removed (link to my previous comments)
9. Wallace Stevens reading his poem "The Snow Man" (it's a youtube video: ignore the visuals and just listen)
10. ...and all ten of the evergreens linked to in my previous re-link post.

* Okay, I'm cheating a bit here: I only previously linked to the one single. But while I'm at it I'll mention that you can listen to the whole album on-line; and the entire album is awesome. (I know: duh, it's Springsteen, right? Even so.)

Correction: I was wrong: that site only had samples of the songs. But the album has been uploaded to youtube; click there & follow the related links.

No comments: