Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Another Step Towards Aggressive War Against Iran

From tomorrow's NY Times:
The Bush administration is preparing to declare that Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Corps is a foreign terrorist organization, senior administration officials said Tuesday. If imposed, the declaration would signal a more confrontational turn in the administration’s approach to Iran and would be the first time that the United States has added the armed forces of any sovereign government to its list of terrorist organizations.
I suppose the optimistic reading is that this leak is a move by the forces in the administration who don't want to wage idiotic, aggressive, immoral war against Iran.

But I'm not feeling very optimistic these days. I'm feeling helpless and hopeless.

If I could think of anything to do, I'd do it. If you, Noble Reader, can think of anything, by whatever gods you hold holy do it now. And soon. For I fear it will be too late before long.

Update: Attytood has some speculations about the specific reasons for this this move. They're not reassuring.

Update 2: In case you think I'm being too optimistic and easygoing about this, read Arthur Silber (who has been nobly screaming warnings about the forthcoming aggressive war against Iran for some time now). I wish I felt confident that he was being too pessimistic.

No comments: